For those of you embarking on or continuing your high school adventures, I’d like to bring to your attention some of the resources at your disposal to make your college trek a little less arduous. After all, though the weather may still be nice, summer is slipping away – it’s time to turn our collective attention to all things college admissions. High schoolers, welcome to the start of a fun and challenging academic year! This post is for you.
My Top-Five Recommended Resources For Those On The Journey To College:
- Admitster, of course! I know that I’m biased, but there really are some tremendous resources here for you to take advantage of – My College List; excellent projections of your chances of getting into each of the schools on your list; the What If? Engine to help you work out your best admissions strategy; the Wicked Smart Essay Reviews; one-on-one admissions consulting; and a bookstore full of great book reviews! To register for Admitster, just click here.
- College Abacus – A truly useful tool for estimating net price – a very important number in your college considerations! Click here to learn more. You’ll be glad you did.
- College App Map – I’ve introduced you to this resource before and reintroduce it today because it’s just so cool! Click on the grade that you’re in and you’ll then be provided with a map to both the steps you should be taking at this stage in the game and appropriate apps to help you on your way.
- The FAFSA Community is a valuable resource for filling out your FAFSA and applying for financial aid.
- raise.me – Through raise.me, you can earn micro-scholarships for your high school achievements. You should be curious about this opportunity and excited to read more! Click here.
There are a ton of college admissions resources out there, but some are duds and others are diamonds – be sure to take the time to differentiate between them. The above list of resources is a great springboard to your college journey – enjoy the adventure!